South Australian-born speech pathologist Olivia Rogers crowned Miss Universe Australia

South Australian-born speech pathologist Olivia Rogers crowned Miss Universe Australia
SPEECH pathologist Olivia Rogers is ready to talk up her home state of South Australia after being crowned Miss Universe Australia.

The 25-year-old Adelaide-born beauty, who is the niece of real estate identity Oren Klemich, was on Thursday night named the winner out of 31 young women at the competition’s national grand final at the Sofitel Hotel in Melbourne.

Ms Rogers, who was the face of this year’s People’s Choice Undies Run for Bowel Cancer, is also a keen ambassador of her home state.

In a recent interview, she named Port Willunga as her favourite Australian beach, with Island Beach on Kangaroo Island a close second.

After her win she talked about her battle with anxiety and depression in her younger years.

A self-described “chubby and nerdy kid”, she said she was proud of conquering her fears in the beauty pageant.

The bikini runway stage of the pageant was particularly scary, but maturity has taught her how to cope with her anxiety.

“I’ve been using social media to raise awareness and help young girls to overcome that,” she said.

The last South Australian to win the national title was Laura Csortan in 1997.
Previous winners include Jesinta Franklin and Jennifer Hawkins who went on to win Miss Universe 2004.
“Hope my eyes aren’t too red from all that crying. I’m just in shock. I keep forgetting to breathe. It doesn’t feel real,” Ms Rogers said.
“I have never done a pageant and never thought I would. I’ve done modelling since I was 17.
“I was a late entry. I was asked to do it back in December and I said no because I didn’t think I could do it and the thought of walking on stage in a bikini terrified me.”
Georgie Mitchell from NSW was runner-up, Tahlia Giumelli from NSW second runner-up and Victorian Marijana Radmanovic third runner-up.
Ms Rogers is currently writing a kids’ book, manages her famous dog “Mooshie” on Instagram and said SA would always be home.
“I moved (to Melbourne) eight weeks ago,” she said. “Two days after the (state) final because I didn’t expect to get through. That was always my plan.”
Labels: ,

Post a Comment

[facebook][blogger]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.