WWE Money in the Bank: Jinder Mahal beats Randy Orton to retain WWE championship

WWE Money in the Bank: Jinder Mahal beats Randy Orton to retain WWE championship
India's Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton to retain his WWE championship at Smackdown's exclusive pay-per-view Money in the Bank at St. Louis on Sunday.
The self-proclaimed 'Modern day Maharaja' gave a 'Khallas' -- a variation of the 'Full Nelson Slam' to finish off the 14-time champion and get the three count.
Orton, who was distracted by the Singh Brothers went on a rampage outside the ring as he hit them off with RKO's and made sure there's no more distraction coming his way. But, when he returned to the ring, Mahal hit his finisher to retain his championship.
WWE Money in the Bank: Jinder Mahal beats Randy Orton to retain WWE championship
Talking about his victory at the Talking Smack -- a post match show -- he said that it was a great feeling.
"It almost felt as good as the night I won the WWE championship"
He was also quick to point out that Orton's mistake itself cost him the match.
"But as far as Randy (Orton), I just want to say that he is a 14-time WWE champion and he made a rookie mistake. I would expect better from him. He has someone in the ring like me...I'm a dangerous dangerous competitor and he turned his back on me and that's exactly why he lost and why I'm the champion," he said.
The 30-year-old also said that his aim is to win the most number of titles in the history of the WWE.
"When Randy Orton was WWE champion for the first time, I was in high school. I'm not even entering my prime and that's a scary scary thought. I'm only getting better every week...every week I improve in the ring and I intend on being a long time champion.
"I'm going to beat Randy Orton, John Cena and Ric Flair's record because I'm the hardest working man in the entire WWE," Mahal said.
"If someone outworks me, I'd give him the WWE championship but until then the Maharaja will reign," he added.
Labels:

Post a Comment

[facebook][blogger]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.